Tuesday, March 13, 2012

timeless

Just finished watching Apollo 13... and seriously, what an incredible movie. Engineers really are amazing... people really are amazing...

On a side note... decisions really play a big part in life huh... That sounds like such a "duh" statement, but I don't think people really understand the weight of a decision. It's so easy for us to live our lives as though every bad decision we make will end up in a redeeming point at some later point... but sometimes, that just doesn't happen. Sometimes, we need to deal with the bad decisions of our lives... But who is to say what is a bad decision and what is a good decision? There is that thing called a "wise decision" and people often consider a good and wise decision to be synonymous. But I don't think they are... a wise decision is always a good decision, but a good decision is not always a wise one. Sometimes... the good choices in life, were done in an unwise manner.

I wonder... can this be applied to my life? Can my near-spontaneous decisions be considered good decisions? I feel like by constantly living to try making wise decisions... I live in a lot of fear... I live fearful of making mistakes... sometimes, it's the mistakes that help you grow. Yeah sure, people get hurt through mistakes and I'm at risk of getting hurt by my own mistakes... but as someone said once: "What and If: two words as simple as any other words, but when put together they have the potential to make us rue the rest of or lives."

So is it better to make the "wiser" decision or is it better to sometimes take the risk so that I can live life without any regrets? Not to say that wisdom is useless and it is not helpful... but I also think there is wisdom behind knowing when to make the "wise" decisions and when to make the "good" decisions. Doing the "wiser" thing doesn't make you a wise person...

Do I sound crazy? Well, these are my thoughts. And opinions aren't meant for refining... otherwise we'd all be the same person... and that's a pretty cruddy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment