Saturday, March 24, 2012

problem sets

problem sets drive me crazy. You think you know the material after you walk out of lectures... and actually... you actually feel like you learned something that day. And then you start the problem set. I feel like everything that I thought I once knew becomes a lie and nothing on the problem set makes sense. Math becomes twisted... concepts don't exist... and worst of all! You can never seem to find the things you need to find in your notes. I swear, I saw it during lecture and then it just doesn't exist... I scourge through my notes and find that I am utterly lost. I have NOTHING.

I am currently working on my Thermodynamics Problem Set... (I just finished my Control Systems one and praise the Lord for comprehensible problem sets in that class)... and I just needed a break. There are so few concepts that we have learned so far... and yet somehow, it seems like there is a butt load of information hidden and stored away in each problem. Each word means something... there are subtle clues that I have just not gotten a hold of. There are minor differences in systems and those minor differences leads to huge mathematical leaps... I just can't seem to put 2 and 2 together...

I wish that I was able to manage my time a little better. Honestly, there are plenty of times when my outside life really inconveniences me because I always follow a strict schedule. And I am usually limited on time... (a lot of times because I procrastinate.... or "rest" as I like to call it). I need to just stop "resting" so much and just get started on my homework assignments a lot earlier. I could have done this ridiculous lab report over Spring Break... but then, who wants to do work over Spring Break?!... so, I didn't touch it once. If I didn't have to write this wretched lab report, my life would be exponentially easier at this point. But I just never look ahead and always leave things for the last minute. Why? WHY do I do this to myself? I don't know... and yet, I will continue on doing it for a very long time (if not forever) and it will be the end of me. Someday, I will grasp this and learn to do things a lot earlier than they are due instead of scrambling to finish things last minute. I remember seeing a quote: "If you do something last minute, it only takes a minute to finish it"... so true. HAHA but obviously, the twist is... you're probably not going to get a very good grade at all. What I find hardest to do in college, is to deny hanging out. It gets easier as we get older (mostly because we're always so tired), but it really is very difficult to say "no" to hanging out. We know that "we'll only hang out for an hour or two..." turns into three to four hours.... and "I'll do it after this movie" turns into doing it the next day or the day after... in the end, we are all just procrastinating. I realize. It is 5AM... I am tired as hell... have not gotten too much sleep lately and will not be getting a lot of sleep tomorrow. (Sorry Weeny, I know you're sleeping so you're not gonna be tired... but guess I'll be purty tired tomorrow). I hate waking up early to do something on the weekends unless it's something fun. Especially when it requires me to leave the room. Stuvi2 is so comfortable and it is so easy to get lost in here. I have grown accustomed to this lifestyle and I love being in my room. Even on a nice day, I find myself admiring from the inside (yeah, it's sad) but it's pleasant. Okay, time for bed. I am falling asleep as I write this. Good night world.

No comments:

Post a Comment