Friday, July 6, 2012

Always Questions...

God gives us a vision, and then He takes us down to the valley to batter us into the shape of that vision. It is in the valley that so many of us give up and faint. Every God-given vision will become real if we will only have patience. Just think of the enormous amount of free time God has! He is never in a hurry. Yet we are always in such a frantic hurry. While still in the light of the glory of the vision, we go right out to do things, but the vision is not yet real in us. God has to take us into the valley and put us through fires and floods to batter us into shape, until we get to the point where He can trust us with the reality of the vision. Ever since God gave us the vision, He has been at work. He is getting us into the shape of the goal He has for us, and yet over and over again we try to escape from the Sculptor’s hand in an effort to batter ourselves into the shape of our own goal.
-My Utmost for His Highest-

We had samgyupsahl again today... and seriously, I loved it. I thought I would hate it, I thought I would get sick of it... but BRING IT ON DAY 3! I really need to go to the gym and do a proper workout.. no more half mile shenanigans... 

I think I'm going to pick up swimming again as my cardio/body toning workout during the school year... depending on how committed I am... If I can keep up this workout routine and find my time to do it, then I am definitely sticking to this and doing swimming. 

I realize more and more these days... that some things, I need to loosen my grip on... some things, I just need to let go... and some things I just need to realize that I'm not there yet. Why does it take so long to get there? Why does this all take so long... Can we fast forward? No... because then, later I'm going to wish I could rewind. It's all so confusing and all so unwanted yet wanted. Can you desire one and still have the other? Are they mutually exclusive or are they just out of reach of each other, leaving one to make a choice... At this point, I would still pick the wrong one. So what do I do, when I don't necessarily desire what I should desire because technically what I don't desire will provide me more satisfaction that what I desire, and what I desire will be the end of me.... yet I still desire it. 

Questions, questions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment